Saturday, February 28, 2009

Garden Ambiance








This is the result of my last project I was talking about in the previous entry. I am very proud of my blouse with sleeves and a collar, and my skirt. The project was called Garden Amibance because it had floral inspiration throughout the garment. The collar did not have sharp corners, it had curved ones like a flower petal might have. The sleeves were petal sleeves, and the skirt had 3 flounces that I think are beautiful! The flounces themselves were a lot of work (half of the construction was done by hand!) but it was worth it. :] The skirt also had flower appliques. The whole look is a polyester crepe, lilac color. I have heard a lot of good things about my look; that it looks like an outfit the character, Allie Hamilton from the film the Notebook might wear. I was really happy to hear that, and after looking at it I think it does have some 1940's flare. If I could re-do something it would be the shirt fabric, and to make it from a white cotton with purple poke-a-dots instead. Although, that can always be made later on too :] I also made the same skirt in a biege color, for a woman that might want that instead of lilac.

0 comments:

Blog contents © Kiss Me I'm Stylish 2009. Blogger Template by Nymphont.