Monday, August 23, 2010

The High Line

 
The High Line Park. This was one destination in NY that I wanted to go to before actually arriving in the city. I was finally able to go just before my trip was over which was exciting. The park was made on an abandoned railroad. The railroad itself was created to transport goods and lifted from the ground for pedestrian and driver safety in 1934 and was no longer in use after 1980. In 1999 the idea of reviving the space came to mind to a few New Yorkers, by 2003 the idea became more real and in 2009 it opened. I really enjoyed hearing about the park and going. The park is full of innovation, art and is something I have never seen before.
 
 
I loved the views from the park
 
Over one hundred different species of plants are in the park and many are native to New York. 
The seating in the park seem to leap from the foundations
 
The design of the park still incorporates the railroad in the walk way.  
I like the view of the water from there and seeing the old dock that used to stand there.
 
A green house on a roof!
 
Interesting buildings with different colors and shapes
 
A sitting area where people can view the street from the huge windows.
 
I love these different colored windows
 
While some seats are stationary others are movable and move along the train tracks with their own set of wheels. I thought that was a really cool idea as well and another great way to incorporate the train remnants. 
 
I like that this place was made from something old and was renewed so that the people in New York could enjoy it again. I enjoyed seeing the old design joined with a contemporary design. I wasn't able to see the whole park but what I did see was awesome.

0 comments:

Blog contents © Kiss Me I'm Stylish 2009. Blogger Template by Nymphont.