Saturday, April 30, 2011

COMME des GARÇONS PLAY

 Last summer I took this picture in New York. What caught my eye in this man's wardrobe was his shoes. I was surprised because they had hearts on them, something that I hadn't seen before. After a lil digging I found out that the heart design is from Filip Pagowski. He is a New York graphic artist and creating graphic designs for clothing is just one medium of his art. He has a variety of clients, one of which is COMME des GARÇONS. This is the brand I recognized from the sidewalk. COMME des GARÇONS is French and means "like boys". (GARÇONS in English is pronounced - gar-sowns) The label is Japanese and was founded by Rei Kawakubo. The label itself is very successful and has boutiques around the world. It is actually not new at all, it was started in 1969. Their design studio is in Aoyama, Tokyo and their products are made in Japan, France, Spain, and Turkey. 
 

0 comments:

Blog contents © Kiss Me I'm Stylish 2009. Blogger Template by Nymphont.