Wednesday, November 04, 2009

1920' dresses







In my History of Dress class, we are studing the 1920's era. Every once in a while my professor brings in clothes from our school's collection of historical clothing. These three dresses are from that collection. Unlike some more elaborate clothing of that time that is an avant garde style and Art Deco these garments were for the everyday woman. These dresses were worn by women in middle class. Two of the dress may be for a more formal occasion but the linen blue dress is more like a house dress. Back then women wore house dress while they spent time at home rather than sweats or pjs that women today wear. Today I was fortunate enough to see all the clothes in the room these antiques are kept in! There was basically a classroom of rolling racks full of garments from various eras. There was even garments from the 1700s! It amazes me how old some of the clothes are and that they are kept at my school and not at some fancy museum.

0 comments:

Blog contents © Kiss Me I'm Stylish 2009. Blogger Template by Nymphont.