Saturday, November 07, 2009

L' Officiel


I had a French fashion magazine presentation in my History of Dress class. I spoke about various fashion magazines that were created in the 1920's. L' Officiel was one of them.I was very impressed by how it was so influential and prosperous. When created it brought together many artists, models, and fashion designers of that time who were talented and famous. This move and others made this magazine made it the success that it was. By the 1950s Americans reffered to this magazine as the fashion Bible. Max Brunhes was the creator wanted to make it and dedicate it to, Andrée Castaniée. She was, "...young woman who was wild about fashion." and he was in love with her.

0 comments:

Blog contents © Kiss Me I'm Stylish 2009. Blogger Template by Nymphont.