Saturday, September 25, 2010

Maison Martin Margiela

This designer is very innovative. These are a few garments I viewed in NY from his Artisanal line. I thought he was very creative by using alternative materials other than fabric. The Shoestring dress is white and made of 400 shoe laces woven together. On the Plastic Fur Jacket there are 29,000 tag fasteners attached to leather jacket arranged almost like herringbone fabric. It is a very creative way of using unusual materials. Using tag fasteners is a great idea because most people would throw them away without a second thought. So it made me think...what kind of materials are known to be useless but if I think outside of my understanding could be of use. It is a challenge for myself but I think it is a fun one as well! :]

0 comments:

Blog contents © Kiss Me I'm Stylish 2009. Blogger Template by Nymphont.