Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Project TRASH

(Landfill in Costa Rica)

Today I started draping in order to create the patterns for my trash gown! I am going to be up-cycling our everyday trash into fashion. This project is interesting because I get to really see where my imagination will take me. It seems as though the more limitations there are the more creative designs get. I guess this happens because in order to make a design work with limitations the designer has to think outside the box. I really don't want to take any shortcuts and truly make this garment completely out of trash. 

I am also learning a lot about how much we are actually consuming and disposing. It makes me feel good to give this stuff a second life and keep it from the landfills for a little while longer.  

0 comments:

Blog contents © Kiss Me I'm Stylish 2009. Blogger Template by Nymphont.